VOC BC is a network of networks, and is coordinated, stimulated, integrated, and agitated by a small group of community sector leaders and elders who have a depth and breadth of relevant experience, bringing their personal commitment to the task.
- Tim Beachy, Co-Chair – CEO (retired), United Community Services Cooperative
- Gail Joyce, Co-Chair – Principal, Scollard Consulting
- Judi Piggott – Consultant, Synergy By Design
- Justin Ho –
- Justin has a long history (both professionally and through community involvement) in the non-profit sector, including five years employed at Volunteer Canada in Ottawa where he managed several online and communications initiatives. In a volunteer capacity, Justin is Past-President of Volunteer BC‘s board of directors and is on the board of directors of the national HR Council for the voluntary sector. Justin was for several years the Manager of Business and Membership Development for the United Community Services Co-op. As part of the Co-op’s Strategic Consulting Partnership, Justin provided marketing and communications consulting services, and in addition he coordinated secretariat services for the BC Social Economy Roundtable. Justin has an undergraduate degree in Commerce (University of British Columbia) and in 2007 completed the Bologna Summer Program on Co-operative Studies at the University of Bologna.
- Barbara McLellan – Executive Director, JASMINE Society
- Lawrence Portigal – Board President, Volunteer BC
- In 2014, we sadly lost a key member of our group, Carol Matusicky, Founding Member, Board Voice; Executive Director (retired), BC Council for Families